- A pure and natural product, with no artificial element added.
- A by-product of the cashew industry.
- The oil is extracted from the Cashew Nut Shell supplier in India, which is a pericarp fluid of the cashew nut shell.
- CNSL is a mixture of four components: all are substituted phenols – anacardic acid (I), cardanol (II), cardol(III) and 2-methyl cardol(IV).
- I and II are monohydric phenols whereas III and IV are dihydric phenols in Meerut,UP, India.
- In the nut, CNSL occurs mainly as an anacardic acid (~90%) and cardol around slightly lower than 10%.
- Primarily used as raw material for CNSL Liquid Resin, PF Resin and Cashew Friction Dust (CFD) for Automobile Brakelinings.
- Also used for the manufacture of Paint and Varnishes, Epoxy Resins and Oil soluble Resins, Surface Active Agent, Synthetic Rubber & Wax compounding, Foundry Resins, etc.
These properties make Cardanol an effective substitute for the petroleum-based Phenol in Meerut,UP, India.